Hunter Douglas features the industry’s largest selection of sheers, shades, honeycombs, blinds and shutters. Hunter Douglas window treatments are custom-built expressly for your windows and manufactured in the U.S. according to the highest standards of quality. They are built with child-safety in mind and many of the window fashions are designed to promote energy efficiency.
See Lisa talking about Child Safety on Mass Appeal
The Hunter Douglas Sheers collection features a wide selection of soft fabrics, including opaque, translucent and semi-sheer materials, transforming ordinary sunlight into extraordinary room ambiance. The Hunter Douglas sheer collection—including shadings, sheers, louvers and panels—are made with a wide selection of soft fabrics, including opaque, translucent, semi-sheer and room darkening materials.
Offering stylish design, energy efficiency, sun protection and privacy, Hunter Douglas shades beautifully cover virtually any window. Hunter Douglas shades provide a beautiful finishing touch for virtually any window. They offer stylish design, energy efficiency, sun protection – including room darkening fabrics – and privacy. Our shade collection include Roman Shades, Roller Shades, Pleated Shades, Honeycomb Shades, Horizontal Shades and Vertical Shades. Product lines include Hunter Douglas Vignette®, Hunter Douglas Provenance®, Hunter Douglas Duette®, Hunter Douglas Applause®, Hunter Douglas Luminette® — and new in 2013: Hunter Douglas Solera™.
Innovator of the first honeycomb shade, Hunter Douglas continues to offer the best in class with a honeycomb shade collection that delivers the industry’s highest energy-efficiency rating. Hunter Douglas’ innovative honeycomb shade collection offers timeless beauty and delivers the industry’s highest energy-efficiency rating. Available in vertical and horizontal pleats, Hunter Douglas honeycombs come in a wide range of fabric types, colors, shapes and operating systems.
Ideal for horizontal and vertical windows and representing the industry’s largest selection of genuine woods, aluminum, vinyl and fabrics, Hunter Douglas sets the gold standard for window blinds. Offerings include genuine hardwoods blinds, faux wood blinds, aluminum blinds, vinyl blinds, and blinds made from sheer fabrics, woven fabrics or room darkening fabrics. Hunter Douglas blinds set the gold standard of quality — offering maximum view-through when opened, and optimal privacy when closed.
More than a classic look that never goes out of style, Hunter Douglas custom shutters provide superior sun protection, light control and privacy. Hunter Douglas interior shutters provide superior sun protection, light control and privacy — and a beautiful and classic look that never goes out of style. Our shutter collection, including the popular plantation shutter style, features traditional beauty and styling, long-lasting finishes and exceptional craftsmanship. Shutters are available in premium hardwood and poly-satin, faux wood compounds.
The Hunter Douglas Lifetime Guarantee
Hunter Douglas provides a Lifetime Guarantee on all its window covering products! Should you not be thoroughly satisfied, simply contact Lisa Scheff Designs or contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-888-501-8364 or visit hunterdouglas.com.
PowerView Motorization is a revolutionary new wireless system that automatically moves your shades throughout the day, so you don’t have to.
Cordless Lifting System
The cordless lifting system, found on Designer Roller Shades, is a traditional spring-assist system to raise and lower large window coverings, providing enhanced child and pet safety.
Traditional Chain and Cord
The Traditional chain and cord system is found on all of our Vertical blind products. This classic system provides smooth operation and superior light control.
Combination Wand/Cord Control
Hunter Douglas products offering a Combination wand/cord provide a single control to traverse the fabric and rotate the vanes.
The Bi-Fold Track System, an option with each of our Shutter products, allows up to 6 panels to be hinged together. Panels are connected to a top track, which supports the panels and guides their folding movements.
Bypass Track System
With the Bypass Track System, an option with each of our Shutter products, shutter panels slide past each other on top tracks to open and close.
Hunter Douglas’ original lifting system, products featuring cordlock operation provide a time-tested, quiet and reliable system.
The EPIC™ operating system, available on our Parkland™ Wood Blinds and EverWood® Alternative Wood Blinds, features new high performance material selections and component designs offering the most robust construction and improved performance.
The revolutionary Hunter Douglas UltraGlide® operating system uses a retractable cord mechanism to raise and lower the window shade or shading. Constant cord length means there are never any long, dangling cords to detract from the appearance of the shade. Increased safety for children and pets.
Hunter Douglas offers several wand control options on our vertically oriented window fashions:
- The PermaTilt® wand control system, featured on our Vertical Blinds, combines both tilt and traverse functions in one easy-to-use control, providing a safer environment for children and pets by completely eliminating the standard chain and cord.
- Our Vertical blinds outfitted with the PermAssure® wand eliminate looped pull cords completely, replacing them with a wand that remains safely out of a child’s reach.
- The Traveling Wand™ system, found on our Luminette® and Alustra® Luminette Privacy Sheers, offers a single wand control that both traverses the sheer and rotates the vanes.
Hinged panels, available with each of our Shutter products, are panels that are hinged together and to the window frame. Using T-posts in the center of the opening increases the design possibilities.
Clutch Operated Continuous Loop
One of the most important advantages of Hunter Douglas window fashions over traditional soft window coverings are their ease of operation. A continuous loop, which works on the principle of a pulley, rotates a clutch to raise or lower the shade. From the fully raised position, pulling down on the front half of the loop lowers the shading. The covering is raised by pulling on the rear of the continuous loop.
Our EasyRise™ system, featured on Silhouette® and Nantucket™ window shadings, Vignette® Modern Roman Shades, Pirouette® Window Shadings and Duette® and Applause® honeycomb shades, and Design Studio™ Roman Shades, provides the mechanical advantage needed to raise and lower large window fashions.
The Dual Roller Shade option, found on Designer Roller Shades, allows you to pair two fabrics of varying opacities on one cassette for optimum light control and an intriguing layered effect.
The Chelsea™ roller system, found on Alustra Woven Textures® roller shades, features brushed metallic brackets, clutch operation, beaded chain and a round bottom rail with end caps.
The standard operating system on most of our Shutter products, tilt-bar systems from Hunter Douglas offer exceptional style and provide options that suite your needs.
TruView™ rear tilt shutters, found on Heritance® hardwood shutters, NewStyle® hybrid shutters and Palm Beach™ polysatin shutters, offer a discreet operating system that is barely visible from the front of the product and integrates discreetly into the back of the shutter. To operate, simply tilt one louver to the desired position, and the rest will follow. The TruView rear tilt operating system offers a sleek contemporary look, expansive views, easy cleaning and enhanced child and pet safety.
Palmetto™, found on Palm Beach™ polysatin shutters, offers a traditional shutter style with a tilt bar that can be placed on the front or back of the panels.
The LiteRise® cordless system makes raising and lowering blinds and shades easier than ever. Simply push up to raise and pull down to lower. Your blinds and shades stay right where you put them.
- No lift cords for a clean, uncluttered look.
- Proprietary design holds blinds and shades securely in any position – no constant adjusting, making it easy to raise your blinds or shades to an even height.
- Elimination of lift cords means increased safety for children and pets.
- Top-Down/Bottom-Up and Duolite™ options are available on Duette® and Applause® with LiteRise, a great solution for bedrooms and bathrooms, even media rooms where both light control and privacy are required.
- Select Duette® and Applause® honeycomb shades fabrics offer the added benefit of the LiteRise® TrimKit option. Benefits include:
- Creates an insulating barrier by sealing the gap between the shade and window frame, thereby reducing drafts.
- The perfect solution to block out light at the shade’s edges for a full room-darkening effect with opaque fabrics.
The SimpleLift™ lifting system offers enhanced safety for children and pets. The contoured bottom rail, makes raising and lowering simple, with no handle required.
- Features a color-coordinated headrail
- No lift cords to deter from the natural beauty of the product
- Available on our Applause honeycomb shade fabrics
Duette® with SkyLift™ is perfect for Skylight applications and covers the largest windows, up to 80 sq. ft.
- Available with manual or PowerRise® operation
- Available in 3/8″ semi-opaque and all 3/4″ Duette fabrics, including Architella®, for increased energy efficiency
- Three available hardware colors – Aspen White, Gardenia White and Bronze
- Duette SkyLift with manual operation offers a hand crank or telescoping pole for hard to reach windows
- Duette SkyLift shades feature PowerRise® with Platinum™ Technology for the ultimate in shade control
- Compatible with the Platinum App and Platinum accessories
Alustra® RetroLift® Pulley System
The European-inspired RetroLift® pulley system harks back to the days of ingenious engineering and reinvents it for this century. The exposed function of the pulley system adds an innovative option for covering a window. Available exclusively for Alustra® Genuine Woods and Modern Precious Metals™, the RetroLift pulley system not only operates the blinds smoothly, but elevates their style to an entirely new level.
- Braided ladders with traditional rout holes provide a clean look and extended view-through when the slats are open.
- Also available with the de-Light™ feature, which provides better closure, as well as a multitude of decorative tape options helps you to coordinate with other design elements in your home.
Hunter Douglas now offers two Vertiglide™ options. The vertical pleat system featured on our Duette®, Duette® Architella and Applause® honeycomb shades and the vertical fold system featured on our Vignette® Traversed™ with Vertiglide shades, both ideal choices for side-to-side openings, sliding glass doors or as a room divider.
- Duette, Duette Architella and Applause honeycomb shades:
- No cords, chains, or wands to get in the way of children, making these vertical window treatments the perfect choice for enhanced safety at the window.
- Multiple stacking options allow you to choose the look and function that is best for you.
- Vignette Traversed with Vertiglide shades combine the beauty of Vignette Traditional™ shades with the convenience and easy operation of a vertical window covering.
- Like all Vignette shades, cords are concealed between the front and rear fabrics for enhanced child safety.
Lantana™ Hidden Gear System
Lantana™ offered with Palm Beach™ polysatin shutters, is a patented gear-driven system for one-touch control and an unobstructed view. This system completely eliminates the traditional tilt bar.
Window Coverings and Furniture
Why Buy from an Interior Designer?
- Design advice with every purchase
- Ensure each element will fit the overall concept of the room and home with the appropriate scale, color and function
- Save time with selections, fabric samples, and design boards brought to you
Call today to book your in-home design consultation.