KEEP YOUR HOME WARMER IN THE WINTER AND COOLER IN THE SUMMER
We carry Hunter Douglas, an industry leader in making a big energy savings difference at the window. In 1985, they invented the highly energy-efficient Duette® honeycomb shades in response to the energy crisis of the late 1970s. Their latest innovation is the Duette Architella® honeycomb fabric featuring a honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb design for even greater energy efficiency. Today, they continue to think about the impact all of their window fashions can make. Without energy-efficient window treatments, as much as 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy can be lost through its windows.
HUNTER DOUGLAS PRODUCTS HELP CONSERVE ENERGY AT THE WINDOW IN MANY IMPORTANT WAYS:
Energy efficient window treatments for insulation
In winter months, your home heating escapes to the outdoors through your windows while in the summertime, the outside heat flows into your home through these same windows. With window treatments that provide insulation, you can reduce energy consumption, save on heating and cooling costs, and create a more comfortable atmosphere.
Solar Heat Control
The warmth provided by the sun, its solar energy, may be desirable during the winter to help heat your home, but in the summer, it can make a room overly hot and uncomfortable—driving up air conditioning costs. Many Hunter Douglas window fashions help to control solar heat by allowing it into your home in the winter and minimizing the amount that comes in during the summer.
Daylighting is the practice of lighting rooms with natural light rather than artificial light. By drawing natural light into a room many of our window treatments reduce the need for other types of lighting, thereby reducing your energy use.
5 TIPS FOR SAVING ENERGY AT THE WINDOW
- Ensure your windows and doors are properly weather-stripped.
- Caulk around basement and storm windows.
- When heating or cooling, keep windows locked.
- Open your window coverings during sunny winter days to catch free solar heat then close them at night to keep that heat in.
- Close your window coverings during summer days to keep the heat out.
Why Buy from an Interior Designer?
- Design advice with every purchase
- Ensure each element will fit the overall concept of the room and home with the appropriate scale, color and function
- Save time with selections, fabric samples, and design boards brought to you
Call today to book your in-home design consultation. 413.567.8541