Interior Design with Red – Pique Passion & Personality
Give your neutral color scheme a break, and add a touch of red to create a focal point. A little red goes a long way and is a powerful addition to most interior looks. Experts say that red is a color of passion, love and beauty. In some cultures, it’s associated with excitement, energy and courage. In others, it connotes happiness, good fortune, success and loyalty. Whatever your culture or nationality, it’s clear that interior design with red makes a fashion statement.
Interior design with red can be cheery or sophisticated, contemporary or traditional, depending on the shade you select: from dark, violet-toned burgundy to orangey, tomato red, to bright primary red. And depending on the shade, red can energize a room or make it soothing and cozy. Red also comes in a variety of textures, from glossy lacquer to soft matte in paint, and from soft silk to supple leather in fabrics.
Add just a touch of red with:
- Drapery or furniture fabrics
- Accent lamps
- One wall painted red
- An oriental rug or contemporary carpet
- Painted furniture, especially in Asian or Latin styles
- Patterned red fabrics, in chintz, tapestry, stripe or plaid
- Painted built-in bookshelves – all-over red, or just red on the inside
- A painting with red as the major color
- Even your front door, to give visitors a hint that walking into your house will never be dull!
Are you seeing red in your future? Add this vibrant color to make a design statement. We can help you with the change or any other design change in your home.