Sometimes home decorating is about maximizing the view.
Often the most beautiful rooms are stunning because of what’s outside!
Do you live in a house with a beautiful view – of the rolling hills in Somers, the Connecticut River, Mount Tom, or the landscaping on your own property? If so, part of your home decorating strategy can be to maximize the view from inside your home!
Here are some tips to focus attention on the view:
- Use colors that mimic the colors outside your windows.
- Consider a minimalist look for furnishings near the windows.
- Think about the landscaping in your garden just outside your windows; this becomes part of the look of your home.
- Use potted plants inside your home to mirror the landscape outside.
- If you’re up for a remodeling project, think about replacing your windows to make them larger or to minimize mullions that interrupt the view.
During a home decorating project, we love using Silhouette Window Shadings in a home that has a view (or one that doesn’t for that matter). When the louvers are open, the sheer fabric allows you to enjoy the view while still giving your home insulation and UV protection. We often forget that the strong UV rays of the sun can cause fading and wear on our furniture and flooring inside the home. Silhouette Window Shadings are a great way to protect those pieces that you invested in without sacrificing your view.
Want to learn more about how to create a floor plan and design that will maximize your view? Call us today to schedule a design consultation