Why Drapery Lining is Important
There is a distinct difference between ready-made curtains and custom drapery with drapery lining. With a custom product, not only do you get the exact fabric, style, colors, width, height, etc. that you are looking for, but you also get a higher quality product.
However, much of that quality comes from the fabric that you cannot see. I’m talking about the lining. Because fabric costs can add up quickly, it’s easy to want to skimp on the lining when designing drapery: You can’t see the lining fabric in the room and it adds an additional cost. Nevertheless, I urge you to reconsider that thought when choosing your window coverings.
Here’s why we use quality linings:
- UV Protection: Protect the furniture and flooring your have in your home from fading and discoloration over time
- Light Exclusion: Do you want blackout drapery? High-quality lining will help eliminate light seeping into your room in the morning.
- Thermal Insulation: Keep the cold air out and the heat in during the winter and keep your air-conditioned air in and the hot air out during the summer months.
- Noise Insulation: Do you live on a busy street? Drapery can help muffle those noises to help you sleep.
- Improve the Drape and Body: Ready made curtains hang limp and lifeless at the window. Properly lined drapery will be full and provide a softer frame to your windows.
- Extend the Life of Fabric: Help protect the fabric you fell in love with in your custom drapery.
Lisa Scheff Designs uses high-quality drapery lining for all of these reasons to create custom, top-of-the-line products for your homes.
Call today to book your free drapery consultation.